Upstairs on the bus a man is speaking on the phone.
– Hello? Yes. Something’s happened on the bus.
The person in the seat behind him looks up suddenly.
– Something’s happened on the bus.
More people look up. Glances and frowns are exchanged.
– Yes, something big. Something really big.
People sitting near him at the back of the bus begin to stand up and move purposefully towards the stairs.
– It’s really important.
People at the front of the bus hear the commotion and begin to stand up. They do not know why. There is no panic yet.
– I have to tell you now. Later will be too late.
Now everyone is on their feet and people are starting to push. At the bottom of the stairs someone stumbles and falls.
– I’ve realised I love you.